Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic

   česky      english     

Advanced search

Skip to menu

Transfer of Visa Sticker


If you are a holder of a long-term visa or long-term or permanent residence permit and your passport has expired or has been lost or stolen or your residence card has been lost or stolen - while abroad - file an application at the diplomatic mission of the Czech Republic, which has originally issued the visa, for the so-called transfer of a visa sticker. You can also apply for a visa for the purpose of collecting a residence permit - D/VR, if the validity of a long-term residence permit or visa expires in the course of proceedings on a legitimate newly filed application, or after approving applications for a long-term residence permit filed at an embassy, to return/enter the Czech Republic.

Application requirements:

application form

● new passport

● photo

● copy of the old passport and visa – if available, proof of possessing a residence permit, other as relevant to the situation

The application should be filed at the respective diplomatic mission of the Czech Republic during the office hours allocated for this purpose.


zov_EN 526 kB pdf (Adobe Acrobat document) Aug 31, 2010