česky  english 

Advanced search

European Consular Protection

The Czech Republic’s membership in the European Union means that every Czech citizen is also a citizen of the EU. If you are traveling to a country which does not have Czech representation (an embassy or consulate general) and you find yourself in need of help, you can apply for consular assistance from the embassy of another EU Member State in the country which you are visiting.

Consular Protection in Countries in which there is no Czech Embassy or Consulate General

Examples of situations of need include loss or theft of a passport, detention or imprisonment, and injury or illness.  We emphasize that the possibility of assistance in situations of financial distress are limited to help in the form of creating contact between you and your family from the Czech Republic, and this applies even in the instance that the Czech Republic has representation in the country you are visiting. Therefore when traveling take extra caution and arrange for travel insurance.

For more information visit: http://ec.europa.eu/consularprotection/index.action

vlajka EU