english  česky 

Advanced search
Photo: pixabay.com
Article notification Print Decrease font size Increase font size

ETA entry system in force since 1 January 2024

Announced by the President Ruto on 12 November 2023, with effect from 1 January 2024, Republic of Kenya lifted e-visa regime (short-term visas) - to be replaced by eTA (electronic travel authorisation).

KINDLY NOTE: ETA system is run by the respective authorities of the Republic of Kenya. If you have any queries, you shall contact either the Ministry of Interior and National Administration or the Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Berlin.

How to Apply? Kenya Citizens are exempt from the ETA. Citizen of EAC partner states are exempt from the ETA.

All other visitors including infants and children who intend to travel to the Republic of Kenya must have an approved Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before the start of their journey.

Please have the following documents ready before starting your application.

For all travellers

Valid passport for at least six (6) month after your planned date of arrival into Kenya with at least one blank page 
Selfie or passport-type photo
Contact information, email address and phone number
Details of your arrival and departure itinerary 
Accommodation booking confirmation(s)
Credit card, debit card, Apple pay or other means of payment

Based on your country of residence and citizenships the following may also be required:

Financial assets / banks letter(s)
Return transportation booking (flight ticket,..)

Based on your country of residence and travel history the following may also be required:

Yellow fever certificate
Other vaccination(s) or test results certificates

Based on your purpose of visit the following may also be required:

Letter and/or appointment letter from the referring doctor / hospital
Conference invitation/participation letter
Employment contract
Supporting documents for resettlement

For Business visits

Invitation letter from company
Copy of registration of the company

For Family visits

Invitation letter from family/host
Identity card / Passport / Alien card / Entry permit of the family member / host

For Diplomatic travel

A Diplomatic, Official and Service passport
An official letter from the Country of Origin/ Organisation/ Foreign Affairs.

Processing time will vary depending on the type of eTA and your country of citizenship.