english  česky 

Advanced search
Photo: .
Article notification Print Decrease font size Increase font size

Family members of EU/EEA nationals

Important notice about changes from 31. 12. 2020 (the end of Brexit transition period):

Residence card of a family member of a union citizen based on EU law, issued by the United Kingdom will no longer be valid. It means that the holder of such residence card will need to apply for a schengen visa.

Visas or residence documents issued by the United Kingdom will no longer exempt the holder from EU airport transit visa requirements.

British nationals wishing to travel to the Czech Republic must hold a travel document valid at least 3 month after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen area.

To submit the application you must request an appointment by sending an email to visa.london@embassy.mzv.cz or book an appointment with VFS Global.

For your application you will need:

  1. Filled out and signed application form (Legibly using print letters)
  2. One (1) passport photo
  3. Valid passport (issued in the last 10 years, valid at least 90 days after departure from the Schengen area and has 2 blank pages)
  4. EUSS view your status printout or IRL residence permit
  5. Copy of EU citizens's passport or national ID Card
  6. Proof of relationship with the EU citizen - e.g. Birth or Marriage certificate with Apostille (no Apostille is required for certificates issued in EU member states, superlegalisation is required for certificates issued in countries which are not party to  1961 Hague/Apostille convention )
  7. Flight/train/ferry/bus tickets (reservation is sufficient)

In case you are travelling to multiple Schengen countries we will need additional proof as where you will be staying to determine competency of our office to process the application.

In case your documents are not in Czech or English or you do not have EU Multilanguage standard form attached you might be asked to have your documents translated to Czech or English. For documents of Czech nationals, where marriage or birth has not been registered, you might be asked for translation to Czech language so it can be later used to register the birth or the marriage with Czech Authorities.

In case you are travelling by your own or rented car, you will need to submit an extra declaration about the trip which will contain the details of the car (type and registration plate number), name of the driver and list of countries you are intending to travel through. Also you will need to submit a copy of the driver's driving license.

The visa processing time is up to 14 days.

If you want to collect your passport by mail, please provide a pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope so that we can send you back your passport.

To get more information for family members of EU/EEA nationals please follow this link.


English 42 KB DOCX (FILE_TYPE_DOCX) Mar 3, 2020